Twin Lakes began in 1954 when Henry and Virgiline Marion, better known to residents as Hank and Virgie, purchased 22 acres of land with frontage along Gulf to Bay Blvd. They along with their son Robert immediately started development of the community. In 1959 they purchased an additional 10 acres in the back of the park and developed it into 80 lot spaces. Also in 1959 the recreation hall was constructed with a well furnished kitchen and a fireplace. The shuffleboard courts were also expanded to a total of 6 at this same time. In 1960 a large pool and pool deck were added for the enjoyment of the community. An addition to the recreation hall was started in 1971 in order to accommodate our growing community. We have remodeled and updated many times throughout the years and plan to continue when needed in order to best serve our community.
When Hank passed away in 1986 his son Robert took over Twin Lakes and has been running it ever since. His children Michelle, Michael, Margaret and Maureen have been involved in the daily operations since 1984 and continue to do so. As you can plainly see we are a well established family owned and operated community that plans to be around for many years to come. Please come and take a look for yourself!!
Interested in our community?
Contact us to learn more about our retirement community living!